Welcome to the Oakland Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. This online system allows you to submit your report immediately and print a copy of the police report.
If this is an Emergency, call 911 (cell phone: 777-3211).
To make your report on line, every one of the following statements must be true:
1. This is not an emergency.
(See Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions if you have any questions about these statements.)
2. The incident occurred within Oakland City limits.
3. There are no known suspects.
4. The incident did not occur on a State freeway.
If you answered “yes” to all four statements, you are ready to file your report online.
Make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
When you finish making your report, you will see these words: "Your online police report has been submitted." You can print a copy of your report to keep for your records, and you will be given a temporary police report case number. This number is simply a placeholder and is not retained in the OPD system.
Once your report has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a Permanent Report Number. This is the number used within the Police Department to track your report. You must have a Permanent Report Number to follow up on your case (make an inquiry, file a supplemental report, etc.)
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Most cases are not investigated.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- You cannot file a supplemental report without an Original Report Number (e.g., 11-904562).
Use the Oakland Police Department Online Citizen Reporting System to report the following incidents:
If the incident you wish to report is not listed here, call OPD non-emergency (510-777-3333).
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting